- What is Django? Used by youtube and spotify, Django is a framework allowing your to build
web pages without reinventing the wheel.
- IDEs Programs to help you code (includes setup)
- Git. The version control system how to store your code and view previous revisions.
Introduction to web page layout.
- The HTML format and syntax How web pages are designed.
- CSS, web page stying parameters How web pages are styled.
- introduction to bootstrap web page styling. Templated units to style responsive web pages easily.
Python, a core programming language.
Python can be used for applications, data analysis, game development and
- The python shell. How to run python commands in terminal.
- Variables. Values which alter over a program's execution.
- Control structures. Logical constructs of application flow.
- Methods Functions to run units of code self contained.
- Classes Units Functions and variables with their own state.
Django, a content management system for producing interactive web pages.
- Settings.py file. Global settings for the django program execution.
- Virtual environments. A self contained environment containing the resources your program needs.
- Plugins. How to use plugins to perform common tasks.
- The model view controller architecture. The abstraction of database entries (the model), the
presentation (the view) and the application logic (the controller).
- Database objects. How to allocate space in the database for it's entries.
- Migrating databases. How to update the database layout to store your entries over time.
- The controller how to save and get from the database.
- The controller how to pass variables to the view.
- Forms. how to present forms in the view.
- Forms. how to save forms and get data from them.
- Form validation How to validate forms before being passed to the controller.
- Processing models in the view. Looping over models and if / then flows.
Deploying to live servers.
- Uploading your code. Get your code on a remote managed server.
- System propertiesAttaching database and linking your web domain name
- docker imagesAdjusting deployed images to use extended system functionality.
Where can you go from here?
Once you know one programming language it becomes easier to learn others.
Cost: 2 hour sessions at £25.
Why so cheap?
I was lucky, I had the resources to go to University. Not everybody does.
Bi weekly sessions at a venue to be decided.
- An interest in IT
- A familiarity with your machine
- The ability to install programs
- The ability to troubleshoot simple problems.
- A laptop (any OS) to work on.*
Raspberry Pi 400 available at under £100 pounds if you do not have a laptop
I can help out with it's OS.